At Baskin Wealth Management, we are continually looking for people who share our values and want an opportunity to grow and learn in a young and vibrant culture. Follow a path that lets your talent shine.
Vice President, Portfolio Manager
What we’re looking for –
Baskin Wealth Management is actively seeking an investment professional with strong portfolio and relationship management as well as business development skills who will provide high quality service to clients and contribute to the continued growth of the organization. Reporting to the EVP, Portfolio and Relationship Management, this individual will build relationships with a select group of existing clients and develop new clients in Baskin Wealth Management’s target market of High Net Worth families with investable assets between $1 and $10 million.
With the objective of growing and diversifying the client base, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of capital markets and be able to articulate Baskin Wealth Management’s investment process and philosophy. While hands-on financial analysis, research or monitoring is not a requirement, conducting a thorough assessment of each client’s goals, objectives and risk tolerance from which an appropriate investment strategy is developed, is key to the role. As the organization is starting to put more emphasis on value-added services such as retirement planning, tax and family financial planning, a high level of comfort with these value-added services will be important. The Certified Financial Planner designation or similar credentials would be an asset.
To achieve the above-mentioned goals, the candidate will work closely with other members of the firm and participate on the Investment Committee. The selected candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow quick building of strong bonds of trust with Baskin Wealth Management’s private clientele. The new Vice President and Portfolio Manager will be self-sustaining, self-sufficient and proactive, but at the same time, a team player able to evolve in a collegial environment and foster collaboration. The candidate will be well established in their community through direct involvement and will have created a strong network.
Located near Yonge and St. Clair in Toronto, Baskin Wealth Management offers a young and vibrant culture in a growing firm committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, accessible and accommodative work place.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field.
- Registered or eligible for ICPM.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or similar credential will be considered a strong asset.
- 10+ years of progressive portfolio management, relationship management, client servicing and business development experience in the private wealth industry or other related field.
- Experience within an entrepreneurial environment will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrable track record of developing and maintaining relationships and raising assets in the HNW segment.
- Solid knowledge of the financial markets.
- Ability to understand and articulate Baskin Wealth Management’s investment process and philosophy.
- High degree of self-motivation and energy, intellectual curiosity, and a driven sense of responsibility, accountability and responsiveness.
- Articulate, sophisticated and worldly; able to connect well with targeted HNW client audience.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills; outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to influence and persuade in the face of divergent views and objectives and willing to make and own final decisions.
- Skill to effectively communicate complex matters to investment and non-investment professionals.
- Leadership and management of diverse and inclusive workforce by creating a respectful and open culture.
- Highly principled behavior and decision making.
The position is located in Toronto.
Please forward your resume by Friday, October 19, 2018 at the latest by emailing BWM@spencerstuart.com.